Port Elgin Real Estate, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine
Helping you make the right move.
Port Elgin and Area Real Estate News
Updates on the Port Elgin, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine real estate market, home buyer & seller tips and general real estate advice.
These packing hacks will help you make more space in your case!
Packing always seems like a chore as fitting everything you need into a suitcase can be a real challenge! Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your case.
First off, divide and conquer your suitcase with the help of a few packing cubes as they’re great for organizing and maximizing space.
Also, stuff socks and other small items inside your shoes and roll up clothes rather than folding them. A sunglasses case is great for storing charging cords or earbuds while pill bottles are perfect for storing tiny items like earrings or sim cards.
Finally, your suitcase will likely receive a fair amount of roughhousing so place a strip of plastic wrap under the cap of your lotions before sealing them up in Ziploc bags to protect other items from getting ruined. Hopefully, these tips will help you maximize space and become a pro packer. Happy travels!
If we don’t leave our comfort zone, we’ll never realize our full potential.
If you want to make 2019 your best year ever, you’ll need to dive (or at least step) outside of your comfort zone. Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
- Risk vs. Reward – Fear keeps us safe, but it also limits our potential. Make it a habit to take a risk every day as it will challenge your brain and allow you to move forward in exciting new ways!
- Just Do It – Tackle a “to-do” you’ve been putting off by taking small, steady steps. Your newfound confidence will then make it easier for you to achieve other goals.
- New You – Take up an activity that excites yet scares you. It can be something thrilling like rock climbing or perhaps enrolling in a new class that pushes you outside of your comfort zone.
- Visualize Success – We tend to obsess over potential problems that come along with trying new activities. Instead, focus on the positive aspects and how amazing you’ll feel when things go smoothly!
When you step outside of your comfort zone, exciting changes will start to happen. If you replace negative, fearful thoughts with positive ones, you’ll begin to naturally expand what you feel comfortable with, which will continuously fuel your personal growth!
“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” – Joseph Campbell
Teamwork makes the dream work when you’re out house hunting!
The relationship between you and your real estate agent should always be productive and honest which is why having an open line of communication is absolutely critical to ensuring a win-win partnership!
Once you’ve discussed and agreed on your agency relationship, it’s time to start working on ways to communicate effectively. Communication is a two-way street, so both parties need to be open and honest at the outset.
Start with the basics by discussing your contact preferences. For instance, specify whether or not you can be contacted at work should your dream home suddenly hit the market. Clarifying these details ahead of time will result in fewer miscommunications down the road.
Also, be clear on which features are essential for your new home. Ranking your priorities will help your agent conduct a more efficient search. However, always try to keep an open mind as it can sometimes be a good idea to “look outside the box” and view homes that don’t entirely match your criteria.
If you’re selling your home, make sure you discuss any issues that could either help or hinder the sale. Agents can offer great advice on staging so show them everything no matter how insignificant. For instance, that tiny crawl space you weren’t even thinking of mentioning could be marketed as a unique selling feature!
Finally, let your real estate agent know if your needs change and don’t ever hesitate to ask questions. If for whatever reason you’re not completely satisfied with the way things are going, be completely honest so you can resolve the problem straight away before any hasty decisions are made.
The key to any successful relationship is communication, and the partnership between you and your Port Elgin agent is one that will hopefully continue long after you’ve landed your dream home. That said, please don’t ever hesitate to get in touch with any real estate related questions you may have.
These simple yet genius tricks will make your life so much easier!
Hacks are uncommon yet creative solutions for everyday problems. Here are five simple hacks for the home that will help make your life a whole lot easier:
- Towel Tip – Adding a dry towel to a load of wet laundry significantly reduces drying time which also cuts down on energy use.
- Sharpie Stain – If your child has decorated your hardwood floors with a magic marker, apply a bit of toothpaste with a damp cloth and watch it disappear!
- Blend Away – To remove stubborn stains from your blender, mix lemon juice and warm water with a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid and then blend for a minute.
- Watch Your Step – We all know that sinking feeling when a glass shatters leaving tiny shards everywhere. To make sure you get every last sliver, press a slice of bread over the entire area.
- Silence Squeaks – If your creaky wooden floors make you feel like you’re living in a haunted house, just sprinkle some baby powder between any open seams to lubricate the wood and stop the squeaking.
We all want an easier life and home hacks are a great way to accomplish that as they allow you to bypass and overcome some of life’s little problems. There are literally thousands of hacks out there so watch this space for cleaning, organizing and other life hacks that we’ll be sharing in future newsletters!