Completing basic repairs before selling your Port Elgin home pays off.
If you plan on selling your home in the near future, you’ll want to tackle any necessary repairs ahead of time as buyers will be completely turned off if your home appears to have been neglected.
Buyers also factor fix-up jobs into the purchase price, often overestimating the costs involved, so it’s best to just take care of them yourself. Here are a few repairs to consider:
- Grimy Grout – Dirty grout is a real turn off as it looks like mold so apply new caulking to freshen up the entire area.
- Flooring Fixes – Flooring can totally transform the look of your home so replace any cracked floor tiles or torn carpeting and refinish scratched hardwood.
- Rough Roof – If your roof needs replacing, it’s better to do it before you sell as buyers get so turned off by the cost and hassle that it could be a potential deal breaker.
- Fresh Paint – Fill in all holes and cracks in the walls before painting. Make sure to repair and paint your baseboards so they don’t look beaten up compared to your fresh walls.
- Curb Appeal – Your home needs to make a perfect first impression so patch cracks in the driveway, caulk windows, spruce up your porch and invest in some landscaping.
- Dripping Faucets – A dripping tap can signal expensive plumbing repairs to buyers. It’ll probably only need a new rubber washer that costs less than a dollar so get it fixed!
- The Kitchen is Key – Kitchens are critical and can make or break a sale. Repainting cabinets, adding new hardware or upgrading your countertop are all worthwhile investments.
Buying a home is an emotional experience so it’s critical to create an incredible first impression that will make buyers want to own your Port Elgin home the moment they set eyes on it! Although it may initially seem like a hassle to repair a home you’ll be moving out of, it’ll be well worth the time and money in the end.