‘Tis the season for mice who are looking for cozy winter homes!
Rather than dealing with mice who’ve already made themselves at home, try and prevent them from entering in the first place! Here are a few ways to refuse access:
- Fallen Fruit – Pick up any fruit that has fallen from the trees in your yard.
- Put a Lid On It – Store any food items including pet food and birdseed in rodent-proof containers.
- Tight Squeeze – Mice can fit through a hole the size of a pencil so fill any gaps around your foundation and soffits.
- Inside Job – Don’t forget to seal holes from the inside of your home and around any openings in your garage or shed.
- Controlling Climbers – Mice are great climbers and will try and access your roof by using vines, shrubs and overhanging branches. Cut these back so they’re not able to get a leg up on entry points!
One or two mice can quickly turn into a full-scale invasion and once you have them, they’re very hard to get rid of. There’s nothing that’ll keep you up more at night than the sound of mice scurrying around inside your walls so take steps now before it’s too late.