There are various pros and cons when it comes to newer vs. older homes.
When you’re out on the hunt for the perfect home in the Grey Bruce area, you’ll be faced with countless decisions. One of the first things to consider is whether you’d prefer a newer home or an older home.
Deciding between a newer home and an older home can be tricky as it comes down to individual preferences and priorities. Here are a few advantages of OLDER HOMES:
- Established Location – Older homes are often located in well-established communities with mature trees. They’re also usually close to popular downtown amenities.
- Classic Character – Older homes usually boast unique architectural features such as crown moulding and stained glass windows.
- Solid Structures – The craftsmanship and quality of materials that went into building homes years ago were usually second to none.
- Outdoor Space – Older homes tend to have larger lots which is important if you value your privacy or wish to add an addition in the future.
Newer homes, on the other hand, have their own unique set of perks. Here are a few advantages of NEWER HOMES:
- Customizable – You’re able to easily customize a brand-new home to suit your style with unique features such as heated floors or granite countertops.
- Functional Features – Newer homes are laid out with functional features such as attached garages, practical storage and ensuite bathrooms.
- Low Maintenance – You’re not likely to encounter any serious issues as everything will be brand new. The home’s exterior will also be much easier to maintain.
- Energy Efficient – Better windows, insulation and overall sealing mean newer homes are more energy efficient which translates into lower monthly utility bills.
You may already have a good idea of what you prefer but try to keep an open mind as you start to become familiar with the pros and cons of older vs. newer. This is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make so take your time before signing on the dotted line!