Exploring the Port Elgin area can be just as much fun as going away!
When you go on vacation, not only do you have to pack and plan but you also have to arrange for someone to collect your mail and look after your pets.
Gas prices also take a huge toll on vacation budgets so this year, consider unwinding locally with a staycation! Here are a few ideas:
- Be a Tourist – Contact your local tourist board so you can plan a trip as if you were visiting your area for the very first time.
- Take a Hike – Check out a couple of local community trails that you’ve never been on before. Enjoy a hike, bike ride, picnic or geocaching experience.
- Overnighter – Head out to an unfamiliar place an hour or so from home to experience a true getaway. Book a night at a campground to really get into the spirit!
- Dine Out – Visit a few restaurants that you’ve been meaning to check out and research specials such as happy hours or 2 for 1 promotions so you can plan around the deals!
- Kids Stuff – Involve your kids by letting them each pick a new attraction to visit. Nearby amusement parks, museums and summer festivals offer endless hours of fun.
Staying home and seeing your area through the eyes of a tourist will give you a new appreciation of where you live. Not only will you save money but you’ll also reduce your carbon footprint while supporting the local economy. Best of all, you won’t need a vacation after your vacation!