Stave off winter breakdowns by tackling tasks ahead of time!
Taking the time to regularly maintain your property is critical as it helps protect your most valuable investment.
It’s also much more cost effective to proactively fix small problems as opposed to fixing them once they’re past the point of no return.
Regular maintenance should be part of your routine so here’s a fall home maintenance checklist to help keep you organized:
- Lawn Love – Rake up leaves and aerate/fertilize your lawn.
- Get Cracking – Fix any cracks or gaps you see in the driveway.
- Safety First – Test and clean your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Furnace Fix – Inspect your furnace filter and schedule a furnace tune-up.
- Roofing Repair – Check your roof for leaks and damaged shingles.
- Clearing a Clog – Clean leaves from gutters and test downspouts with a hose.
- Chimney Sweep – Inspect your chimney for obstructions such as bird’s nests.
- Cool Weather Ahead – Check the weatherstripping on your windows and doors.
- Pest Proofing – Check your home’s exterior for any holes that rodents could use to gain entry.
- Foundation Fix – Ensure water doesn’t pool around your home as it can cause flooding and damage your foundation.
Preventative maintenance will help ensure small problems don’t turn into big headaches that need professional attention on short notice. Just a little time and planning will help you maintain your Port Elgin home’s value and you’ll also save money each month as your home will be much more efficient.