Those “back to school” days are right around the corner!
Adjusting to “back to school” mode can be a breeze if you prepare in advance and set up a regular routine. Here are a few tips that will help make the transition a little easier:
- Back to Bedtimes – Your little night owls will benefit from having bedtimes rolled back a few weeks before school starts.
- Post It – Designate a central “information station” where schedules are posted and school notes can be processed.
- Chore Change – Responsibilities may need to be adjusted depending on the types of chores and the new morning routine.
- Preplan – Get in the habit of doing as much as you can the night before. The morning routine will be much smoother if you lay out clothes and make lunches in advance.
- Child Support – Returning to school is an emotional adjustment for children so help them stay positive and ensure you’re around to help put them at ease.
Back to school doesn’t have to be about forgotten lunches, unlabelled belongings and lost permission slips. With a little organization and planning, you’ll be able to enjoy the rest of the summer knowing that September will be smooth sailing.