Creating good feng shui around your home is easier than you think!
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese practice that helps achieve a harmonious living environment in order to promote happiness and prosperity. Here are a few ideas to enhance the energy flow around your home:
- Think Outside the Nest – Birds bring great energy so add a few feeders and a bird bath in your backyard.
- The Right Path – Place a few plants and wind chimes on your porch and make sure the path to your front door is unobstructed.
- Fire & Ice – Essential oils, crystals, candles and water features such as fountains and fish bowls will bring calm and balance into your home.
- Mirror, Mirror – The strategic placement of mirrors helps improve feng shui by drawing more sunlight into otherwise murky rooms and by expanding narrow areas such as hallways.
- De-clutter – Clearing your home of clutter will introduce a smoother flow of energy. Clutter is a sign of trapped energy so be ruthless and get rid of everything you don’t need.
Feng shui emphasizes that our physical surroundings have an impact on our emotional well-being so it’s important to be aware of how we arrange our space. Buyers often feel certain vibes when they enter a home so a “harmonious feel” could be the difference between a quick sale and one that drags on.