A few houseplants will offer your home a breath of fresh air!
Houseplants are visually appealing and also improve our home’s air quality by adding oxygen and removing harmful pollutants. Here are a few hardy plants that will thrive in any environment:
- Spider Plants (Chlorophytum comosum) are great for beginners as they’re almost impossible to kill and they also look great in hanging baskets.
- Cast Iron Plants (Aspidistra elatior) are foolproof as they only require dim light and don’t need much water.
- The Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena sanderana) simply stands in water and has been used by the Chinese for centuries in the art of feng shui to create harmony in the home.
- Accidental drowning is a leading cause of death for houseplants. Water them thoroughly but make sure there are drainage holes so excess water can escape as you don’t want your plants to be sitting in water.
- Improper lighting is another reason why promising young plants become statistics. It’s important to match the lighting needs of plants with the amount of light you have to offer.
Houseplants are a simple and cost-effective way to infuse natural, serene style into your Port Elgin home. Better yet, research suggests they reduce stress and cold related illnesses and also increase our energy levels so go out today and outfit your home with some of nature’s lean mean green machines!