Port Elgin Real Estate, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine
Helping you make the right move.
Port Elgin and Area Real Estate News
Updates on the Port Elgin, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine real estate market, home buyer & seller tips and general real estate advice.
Eating local doesn’t get any closer than your own backyard!
There’s nothing more delicious than a summer meal made from sun ripened vegetables and herbs from your own Port Elgin or Southampton garden. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking about growing your own veggies this year:
- Small & Sunny – Start with a small area if it’s your first year. Make sure it’s a sunny spot and if you’re really short on space, use pots or window boxes.
- Planned Planting – Plan your garden according to your family size. Food prices are on the rise so it makes cents to grow produce that’s expensive to purchase at the store.
- Go Organic – Growing your own produce is the best way to ensure your vegetables aren’t full of chemicals. It’s also less expensive, more convenient and very rewarding.
- Succession Success – If you stagger planting times for a single crop or plant a different crop after one has harvested, you’ll enjoy a continuous supply of fresh vegetables throughout the season.
- Child’s Play – Gardening with your kids is a fun learning experience that will inspire them to try new veggies. Pumpkins are great as they can decorate their very own jack-o-lantern at Halloween!
Not only is gardening cost effective and fun but it’s also an excellent stress reliever. Your local nursery will have a variety of seeds, plants and other tools to help you get started. If this is your first year gardening, make sure you keep notes on which vegetables do well so you can plan ahead for next year.
Most of us forget to clean up after of our most trusted companion!
Studies have shown that a smartphone is actually more contaminated with germs than a public toilet seat! Gross, right?
Cleaning every day with a microfiber cloth will reduce dirt, grime and bacteria. There’s some debate on whether a homemade solution of alcohol and water is safe as some “experts” say it may harm your phone while others say it’s fine.
To be on the safe side, you can purchase a cleaning solution made specifically for smartphones that will remove all the nasty germs. For the serious germophobes, there are chargers that will completely sanitize your phone while it charges!
Nikamoz Serenity Spa ~ 615 Bricker Street, Port Elgin
Business opportunity with second level living quarters. Located in the thriving town of Port Elgin. Excellent location, close to the downtown core on a high traffic street with great visibility. Presently operating as a hair salon and spa; featuring 6 treatment rooms and 4 hair styling stations, continue with the existing business or start a new venture. The price includes all equipment and chattels, this is a turnkey business. Features large reception, public washroom, laundry area, natural gas forced air heating and central air. The second level has a modern open concept one bedroom apartment. Large lot with fenced backyard. Ample private parking spaces behind the building and public parking across the road. A great opportunity for someone who would like to have their own business and living quarters all in the same building or perhaps an income property for an investor, plenty of possibilities, call today for your personal viewing.
1044 Wellington St., Port Elgin
This well priced split entry bungalow is situated on nicely landscaped lot and located in a mature area of Port Elgin. The main floor offers kitchen/dining, living room, 3 bedrooms and bathroom. The lower level is finished with a 4th bedroom with ensuite bathroom, family room with natural gas fireplace, laundry and workshop. The garage can be accessed from the lower level. Features an extra wide paved driveway, patio doors leading to a pressure treated deck and an above ground pool 15`x30`, great fun for the family.