Port Elgin Real Estate, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine
Helping you make the right move.
Port Elgin and Area Real Estate News
Updates on the Port Elgin, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine real estate market, home buyer & seller tips and general real estate advice.
It’s that time of year when cold and flu viruses spread like wildfire!
There may not be a cure for the common cold but there are certain steps you can take to reduce your chances of catching one. Here are a few natural remedies to keep in mind:
- Sour Puss – A tsp of apple cider vinegar in ½ cup of water will help keep a cold at bay.
- Powerful Pepper – A cup of hot water with a ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper will help soothe a sore throat.
- Cold Cry – Onions have been used for centuries to ward off and relieve cold symptoms. Cut up and boil an onion to make tea. Adding a little lemon juice will help the taste.
Hopefully the nasty viruses will pass you by this season but it’s always good to be familiar with as many remedies as possible to help snuff out the sniffles. Here’s to your health this holiday season!
The holiday season is a busy time of year, especially on the roads!
There’s so much running around to do during this time of year. Whether you’re out shopping or visiting friends and family, here are a few tips to help keep you safe while you’re out on the road:
- Wipe the Slate Clean – Replace your wipers if they’re not working properly as they’re critical to your safety, especially at night.
- Air On the Side of Caution – Check your tire pressure regularly but do it before driving too far as it changes when the tires warm up. Don’t forget the spare!
- Fill ‘er Up – Check fluid levels including steering, brakes, transmission and oil. Refill your windshield wiper fluid frequently and keep extra on hand for emergencies.
- Be Prepared – Make sure your car contains a cell phone, first aid kit, blanket, energy bars, water, candles, flashlight, safety flares and some basic tools.
- App Happy – Smartphone apps are proving to be valuable travel companions. There are also personal driving assistance features that include collision warning and headway monitoring.
Now that the roads are filling up with holiday traffic, one of the best safety tips you can follow is to take your time and be aware of other drivers who may be distracted. Properly preparing your car (and yourself) for the winter means you’ll not only be safer but you’ll also enjoy peace of mind.