Port Elgin Real Estate, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine
Helping you make the right move.
Port Elgin and Area Real Estate News
Updates on the Port Elgin, Southampton (Saugeen Shores), Paisley, Tiverton, & Kincardine real estate market, home buyer & seller tips and general real estate advice.
Affordable living in Manchester West condominium complex. End unit with private balcony. Open concept kitchen/living room, 2 bedrooms and 4 pc bathroom. Neutral decor and easy care laminate flooring throughout. Private balcony overlooking the pool and green space. Fixed expenses with heat, hydro, water, sewer and laundry included in the monthly condominium fee of $341.00. This condo building is self- managed and features 24 hour secured entrance, elevator to common laundry room and all floors, common use activity room, in ground swimming pool and covered picnic/barbeque area, storage building, private parking spot and visitor parking. Centrally located within a short walk of the beach, shopping, dining and downtown core.
Your basement doesn’t have to be a dark and dreary spot anymore.
Low ceilings, limited light and general dreariness can make the basement a hard spot to hang out in. Here are a few ways to brighten things up in this often dark and cramped looking space:
- Fresh Coat – Paint the walls a light shade and ceilings even lighter to give the illusion of height.
- Lighten Up – Use various lighting sources layered at different heights including wall sconces and lamps to brighten things up.
- Mirror Mirror – Place mirrors across from your basement windows in order to maximize the effect of natural light.
- Floored – Don’t break up the basement by choosing different flooring materials. Pick solid, continuous flooring so that the space will appear larger.
These are just a few ways to transform your basement from dark and dreary to bright and beautiful. All it takes are just a few simple adjustments and before you know it, your basement will become one of your most popular hangouts!
There’s something special about owning your own little getaway.
Owning a vacation property would be a dream come true for most of us! Here are a few important points to consider if you’re thinking of purchasing your own little piece of paradise:
- Motives – Determine whether you’re looking for a spot to enjoy with family on the weekends, an investment property that you can rent out or a retirement retreat.
- Income – Renting out the property when you’re not using it makes great financial sense. Location is critical for renters so make sure it’s in a high demand or up-and-coming area.
- Location – Figure out how far you’re prepared to travel and whether or not you need year-round access. Once you’ve decided on a possible location, spend some time there before you commit.
- Numbers – Looking for a vacation home is exciting but it shouldn’t be an impulse decision. Make sure you thoroughly go over all the financials just as you would for your primary residence and don’t forget to include maintenance costs.
- Co-Ownership – Purchasing your new getaway with friends or family means you can share the upkeep and expenses. Just make sure you agree on everything from day one and approach it like a business so you can spend your time relaxing instead of arguing.
- Fixer Uppers – Renovating a “diamond in the rough” is a great option as it allows you to add your own personal touch. Major renovations often require permission though so make sure you’re familiar with local zoning rules and regulations.
Buying a home away from home is a huge decision so do lots of research, get your finances in order and seek professional advice before taking the plunge. If you’re considering a few different locations or if you have questions regarding financing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
This lovely brick bungalow is situated on a quiet dead end street overlooking the Sauble River In the quaint Village of Tara. Convenient main floor living, with kitchen, dining, living room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom on main level. The basement Is partially finished with 3rd bedroom, washroom, family room and laundry/utility room. Some recent updates include flooring, exterior doors and freshly painted. There is a detached garage/workshop 26`x16` with 60amp service, Features lots of parking space; carport, concrete driveway and RV pad. Large mature lot. Natural gas is available. Property taxes include water, sewer and garage pickup.