Improving your Port Elgin home’s air quality is easier than you might think.
The term “air quality” is usually associated with outdoor air pollution caused by cars and factories. The truth however is that the toxins in our home can be just as dangerous.
Hazards include pet dander, dust mites, nitrous dioxides, formaldehyde and fungi. Fear not though as there are a variety of ways to improve your home’s air quality such as:
- Let It Out – Properly ventilate your home with exhaust fans and open up your windows whenever possible.
- Natural Air – Houseplants such as peace lilies and spider plants will soak up toxins and naturally purify your home’s air.
- Humid House – Purchase a humidity gauge so that you can monitor and adjust your home’s humidity levels.
- Clean Green – Use natural cleaners such as lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda instead of toxic chemical cleaners.
- Furry Friends – Brush pets outside and wash their beds on a regular basis to control hair and dander.
- Fresh & Clean – Mix up homemade air fresheners instead of using synthetic ones that are full of harmful chemicals.
- Tread Lightly – Carpets trap irritants which can be especially harmful to children so vacuum regularly and place doormats at each entrance.
We focus so much time and effort decorating our home for aesthetic appeal but we often ignore our indoor air quality. Implementing just a few of these ideas will make a huge difference. Nothing in life is quite as precious as the air we breathe so it’s important that we don’t take it for granted.