This odorless gas can poison or even kill with little or no warning.
Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a serious threat that affects families every day. Lower gas levels can cause headaches, fatigue and nausea while higher levels can be fatal.
Ensure exhaust gases are properly vented from the central home heating unit. It’s also important to have your furnace, chimney and vents regularly inspected by a trained professional.
You should also install a CO detector on each floor of your home. There are a variety of units available but it’s important to remember that a detector doesn’t replace the need to maintain your furnace.
Most cities offer environmental services that measure indoor air quality. Prevention is key to avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning as this silent killer is difficult to detect so make sure your Port Elgin or Southampton home’s properly protected.