Get a jump on spring cleaning by clearing out your digital clutter.
Paper files are often the first items we purge during a spring clean but many times we neglect our digital files. Kick off your spring clean this year with a deep, digital cleanse:
- Get a Pass – Use a password manager to encrypt one master password that can be used on all websites.
- Address Your Apps – Uninstall apps you no longer use to clear up space and keep your phone running smoothly.
- Manage Mail – Unsubscribe from emails you no longer read and delete old emails or organize them into folders.
- Clear Cache – Regularly clear your browser history, cache and cookies in order to create more storage and speed up your browser.
- Back it Up – Make sure all of your important files and photos are automatically backed up to the cloud to increase storage space.
This digital cleanse applies to your computer, smartphone and all your social media accounts. While you’re at it, you should also review your privacy settings on apps and social media platforms to make sure you’re sharing information with the right audiences.