There are various emotional side effects to selling your Port Elgin home.
Mistakes mean your home will sit on the market longer and eventually sell for less. Try and get it right the first time by avoiding the following:
- Overpricing – Home sellers are often tempted to price their home way above market value but this tactic usually backfires. The longer a home sits on the market, the more of a stigma it’ll develop.
- Restricted Access – It’s easy for buyers to skip your home if it’s not easily accessible. The goal is to show your home to as many people as possible so using a lockbox is key, pardon the pun 🙂
- Hanging Around – Owners should always leave before a showing so buyers can browse without distractions. If a buyer can make themselves feel at home, they’ll be better able to envision themselves living there.
- Poor Staging – You may love the statement your pink bathroom makes but odds are others won’t so consider a more neutral shade. Also, make sure to get rid of excess clutter and take care of any outstanding repairs to portray pride of ownership.
- Going It Alone – Selling your home can be an overwhelming experience. A real estate agent’s job is not only to expose your home to the masses but also to act as a 3rd party negotiator to help you get the highest price in the shortest amount of time.
Your home is most likely your biggest asset so when you decide to sell, it’s important that you do it right. Viewing the sale of your Port Elgin or Southampton home as a business transaction and putting aside any emotional ties you may have is a great start to ensuring you sell your home quickly, easily and for top dollar!