The junk in your attic may be a treasure trove of opportunities!
Upcycling is a popular trend where existing items that would normally make their way to the curb are instead transformed into something useful and stylish. Here are a few creative ideas to help inspire you:
- Tub Chair – Cut an old claw foot tub in half and add a few seating pads for a very unique set of chairs.
- Bike Sink – Transform an old bicycle into a bike sink and use the basket for towels, plants or toiletries.
- Stylish Shelf – Turn an old ladder into a cool spot to hang towels or fix it to the ceiling and hang photos or lanterns from the rungs.
- Picture Perfect – Love an old painting but don’t have anywhere to hang it? Just add some handles to create a unique serving tray!
- Door Designs – Salvaged doors can be upcycled into tables, headboards or a storage bench. You can even create a folding screen divider by fixing a few of them together.
The opportunities for creative upcycling are endless, so give your old items a new lease on life while adding your own twist to them. Not only will you save money but you’ll also help the environment while injecting some fresh new creativity into your space!