Homeowners everywhere are demanding eco-friendly choices.
A “green home” not only helps protect the environment, but it also yields long-term financial benefits. Here are a few environmentally friendly ideas to consider if you’re looking to update your Port Elgin home:
- Floor It – Consider naturally durable, environmentally friendly flooring options such as cork, reclaimed wood or bamboo.
- No Tanks – A tankless water heater may cost more initially but you’ll save money in the long run as the water’s only heated when in use.
- Breathe Easy – Avoid using materials that contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as they’re extremely hazardous.
- Reuse & Repurpose – Using reclaimed building materials will add both character and style to your home.
- Sunny Side Up – Solar panels will cut the cost of your electric bill and contribute to the fight against global warming while also adding value to your home.
- Window of Opportunity – If you plan on adding an addition, strategically place your windows in order to take advantage of the sun’s natural warmth.
When it comes to remodelling, there are numerous environmentally friendly options for virtually any project. Buyers are always looking for greener alternatives, so these kinds of changes will definitely pay off down the road when it comes time to sell.