A few small changes will transform your Port Elgin home’s first impression!
The key to getting top dollar for your home is to create huge demand. In order to get as many people through the door as possible, your home has to stand out from the competition.
There’s no need to completely overhaul your home’s exterior as it’s often the small details that increase the visual appeal of a property. Here are a few ideas that will enhance your home’s curb appeal:
- Light It Up – Solar lights will add a welcoming glow and dramatically highlight your home’s exterior.
- Perfect Porch – A well-lit porch with a few comfortable chairs and a couple of hanging baskets will set a tranquil tone.
- Peeling Paint – You want buyers to see that your home is well cared for so paint or power wash the exterior and clean all the windows.
- Accessorize – Replace outdated fixtures such as your mailbox, door handle and porch light and make sure your house numbers are attractive and visible from the street.
- Landscaping – Cut the grass and trim the hedges. Well-kept flower beds show pride of ownership and a few large pots full of bright flowers will accentuate the entranceway.
- De-clutter – An uncluttered exterior is as important as an uncluttered interior so put away tools, toys, bikes, pet toys and gardening equipment.
- Watch Your Back – When buyers drive by your home, they’ll usually try and get a glimpse of the backyard so make sure it also gets top notch treatment!
Just as people judge a book by its cover, buyers make assumptions about the interior of your port Elgin home based on how the outside looks. It’s therefore important to make a great first impression starting with the curb. Your efforts will significantly increase the chances of your home selling quickly and for top dollar!