Get the dirt on this year’s latest and greatest gardening trends!
It’s the time of year when many of us start coming up with ideas on how to jazz up our outdoor space. If you’re the type who can’t wait to get your hands dirty, here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Natural Materials – Wood and rocks are popular gardening materials as people are moving towards a more organic and authentic look.
- Cozy Comfort – The Danish concept of Hygge is about creating comfortable gathering areas for friends and family such as pillow chairs that surround an outdoor fireplace.
- Grow Local – Sprawling lawns are being replaced with edible landscapes so homeowners can organically grow their own fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- eGardening – Smartphone apps make it easy to plan and grow your garden based on your climate zone. They can even alert you if a cold snap’s coming so you can cover your plants.
- Gardening Gadgets – Robot grass mowers and customizable sprinkler systems that monitor the weather and adjust watering schedules are helpful for those who love lush lawns.
- Polly Plants – Create an inviting garden by planting bright, nectar rich flowers that will attract a variety of pollinators such as butterflies and hummingbirds.
Gardening is a great way to get outside and get in touch with mother nature so it’s no surprise in this ever-connected digital world that taking a break to work on our gardens is growing in popularity. Regardless of whether or not you follow the latest trends this spring, here’s to digging in and getting your hands dirty!